Re: Messed up PowerMac 7200/90

Timothy M. Wyatt wrote:

I'm not much of a mac guy, but I have a 7200/90 that I just got up and running.
I believe that the correct sequence to reset the pram is ctl-option-p-r rather
than apple.
Showing my complete lack of knowledge for macs but,
   What the heck is the option key?

On a 7200 there's no video output for OF, but you can access it
through the serial port.  Hook up a serial crossover to another box (I use
38400-8N1 with hw flow control turned *off* and it works just fine), and do
ctl-option-o-f while it's chiming and you should get an OF prompt on your serial term. From there you can setenv boot-device appropriately and that might get you up and running without zapping the pram.
OK, thanks for the info hopefully I'll be up and running tonight.

/James

Hopefully that's all correct and slightly useful. =)

~tmw