Re: 3 button emulations under X

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 10:27:58PM -0600, Derrik Pates wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Laurent de Segur wrote:
>
> > Note: keycode values may vary depending on the keyboard you are using. I own
> > an external extended keyboard. Here the button 2 corresponds to right option
> > key and button 3 corresponds to right control key.
>
> I've mentioned this before, but if it's not in a FAQ, it should be added:
> The key codes that the mouse-button emulation uses are Linux keycodes,
> which are all listed in /usr/include/linux/input.h. Look up the keys you
> wish to use there, find the keycodes, and use them, instead of guessing.

or if your using linux keycodes nativly just run `showkeys'

> Is there maybe some way that, for PowerPC boxen, a package install script
> can be added for the procps package to ask the user if they want mouse
> button emulation, and if so, what keys they'd like to use as buttons 2
> and 3?

such things don't belong in procps, as it nor anything else should
ever touch /etc/sysctl.conf under any circumstances.

there isn't really any package where such a option fits, but if there
were it would have to do it manually in an initscript and not by
violating policy and screwing with /etc/sysctl.conf.

powerpc-utils is as close as you get, but i don't think Dan wants to
overload it in that manner.  frankly i don't either.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/