Re: 3 button emulations under X

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Laurent de Segur wrote:

> Note: keycode values may vary depending on the keyboard you are using. I own
> an external extended keyboard. Here the button 2 corresponds to right option
> key and button 3 corresponds to right control key.

I've mentioned this before, but if it's not in a FAQ, it should be added:
The key codes that the mouse-button emulation uses are Linux keycodes,
which are all listed in /usr/include/linux/input.h. Look up the keys you
wish to use there, find the keycodes, and use them, instead of guessing.

Is there maybe some way that, for PowerPC boxen, a package install script
can be added for the procps package to ask the user if they want mouse
button emulation, and if so, what keys they'd like to use as buttons 2
and 3?

Derrik Pates      |   Sysadmin, Douglas School   |    #linuxOS on EFnet
dpates@dsdk12.net |     District (dsdk12.net)    |    #linuxOS on OPN