Re: 3 button emulations under X

Hi David,

This option is available under the new input layer (2.2.18 and up on the mac
I believe.)

All I needed to do to get things to work was :

>echo "1" >/proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button_emulation
>echo "97" >/proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button2_keycode
>echo "100" >/proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/mouse_button3_keycode

and try it out.

Note: keycode values may vary depending on the keyboard you are using. I own
an external extended keyboard. Here the button 2 corresponds to right option
key and button 3 corresponds to right control key.

To make things more permanent after I was happy with this configuration, I
added 3 lines to my /etc/sysctl.conf file :

dev.mac_hid.mouse_button_emulation=1
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button2_keycode=97
dev.mac_hid.mouse_button3_keycode=100

then :

>sysctl -p /etc/sysctl.conf

to make the changes effective.

One last word: do yourself a favor and buy a 3-button mouse. The real thing
is way easier to handle.

Cheers,

Laurent