Re: HFS Plus on Linux ?

At 12:31 AM -0800 9/13/01, Ethan Benson wrote:
On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 06:17:54PM -0700, Mike Fedyk wrote:

 Ethan, do you have any specific information on when/how HFS was corrupted?

when you write to it.

 What kernel versions?

2.*.*

 I've heard about this problem for a while, but I haven't seen anything that
talked about what specific operations were performed to create the corruption.

mounting it -o rw instead of -o ro is all thats required.

Is it a guaranteed thing? I've been mounting a small HFS partition and copying my kernels to it for boot x for a year. I've not had any problems. I don't compile a whole lot of kernels so I'm not writing to it everyday, but it isn't unusual for me to spend a weekend dinking around with a kernel and copying 2-10 kernels to the partition during that time.

Kevin