Re: Boot scripts and Firmware Update 4.1.8

On Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 04:12:45PM +0200, Jens Schmalzing wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Ethan Benson writes:
>
> > if its type Apple_HFS then macos is probably corrupting it.
>
> The type is Apple_Bootstrap.  And it doesn't work even if I use it
> directly after setting it up with ybin.

well i will need more info then that.  your the first to report
trouble out of many people using both ybin and the firmware update.  i
also have access to a new silver G4 which runs debian, and ybin, it
boots without any problems at all using the first stage script.  it
has firmware 4.21 so if apple added an anti-ybin routine to OF they
skipped it for all the newwer versions of OF after 4.18.

you can simply remove the `magicboot=' line from your /etc/yaboot.conf
and ybin won't install a first stage.  but like i said that doesn't
work on most machines.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/