Re: Boot scripts and Firmware Update 4.1.8

Hi,

Ethan Benson writes:

> most machines won't boot yaboot directly

Well, mine does.

> what version of ybin are you using?

The one from sid, i.e. 1.2.4.

> is your disk partitioned correctly?

If you mean by 'correct' that it has an 800k partition marked
Apple_Bootstrap directly after the driver partitions, the answer is
no.  This partition comes second after the drivers and is 16M in size
(mainly for historic reasons).  As long as I start it with the correct
OF device path, this shouldn't matter, should it?  I mean, it used to
work with the same version of ybin and yaboot before I updated Open
Firmware.

> are you allowing ybin to update your nvram settings?

Yes.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!