Re: graph OF hangs - Please help

On Thu, Aug 23, 2001 at 08:28:11PM +0200, Georg Koss wrote:
> Hello!
>

> > then your yaboot.conf has something bogus in it.
>
> yaboot.conf was:
>
> boot=/dev/hda9
> device=ultra0:

this is the same as hd: and i recommend using hd:

> partition=11
> delay=20
> install=/usr/lib/yaboot/yaboot
> magicboot=/usr/lib/yaboot/ofboot
>
> image=/vmlinux
> 	label=linux
> 	root=/dev/hda11
> 	read-only
> 	append="hdc=ide-scsi"
>
> I think that must be ok?

yup

but i don't see at all where this slave disk even enters the picture
at all.

> >...or else your grep is very broken.
>
> I bought the CD's as official Debian Binaries Potato 2.2r3, no other
> Software in the game because it was at install from CD during the
> ramdisk-phase (execute a shell ...), but probably grep is broken in
> that release ... :-(

the one on boot-floppies was wonky, but it still worked fine with ybin
and i tested every release against it.  your yaboot.conf has something
wrong with it, perhaps no trailing newline.

> I thought this too. The more I was surprised, and that's the reason I
> mentioned it in my mail ;-)-

ybin might still parse it, id have to check, but it won't actually use
it for copying to the bootstrap partition, it generates its own on the
fly when you use options like --root --device --image and so on.

> > where is your bootstrap partition?  its obviously /dev/hda
>
> No it _was_ on /dev/hdb ...

then why does yaboot.conf have boot=/dev/hda2 ?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/