Re: graph OF hangs - Please help

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 12:51:20AM +0200, Georg Koss wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I have a problem with the graphical OF-menu in new-world G4. The box
> has two HD's, both with bootstrap ok if booting from the OF-prompt.
>
> printenv boot-device gives:
> ultra1:9,\\yaboot      hd:,\\:tbxi

this is wrong.  you will not be able to interact with yaboot's
interface since you need to load the first stage bootstrap installed
by ybin.

please let ybin take care of boot-device, it will do it correctly.

> I find two possible explanations: (which might be far away from beeing
> true anyway :-/ )
>
> 1.) Would it be possible that hd:,\\:tbxi for the disk@0 containing
> bootstrap on hda9 and macos tbxi on hda14 is causing the hang-up?

only if the bootstrap appears after macos partitions.

just let ybin take care of this, thats what its for.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/