Re: mac-fdisk trouble on G4 double disk

Hello again!

First of all thanks for all your fast replies 8-)).

> er, that should not have occured, dbootstrap should consider
> /dev/hda1, and /dev/hda2 as off limits.

I was able to resolve this by initializing the HD with the macos
drive-config utility from the macos9-CD before partitioning with
mac-fdisk, resulting in a proper size of ultra0.

Now I have all the Apple-driver on ultra0 so that bootstrap changed
to hda9.
The other linux-partitions are correctly seen, I intend to use no
macos on this disk. I thought that the Apple-driver only would be
necessary, if there is any macos on the HD. Are there any of that
drivers besides the partition_map, that I don't need?

> try woody boot-floppies, they have the fixed mac-fdisk and are just a
> zillion times better then the potato version.

I read about woody boot-floppies sometimes here, but I wasn't able to
imagine how it works.

When I do apt-get install --simulate boot-floppies in woody, I get a
long list of necessary packages. So I don't know how to bring this on
a boot-image for burning it bootable with apt. Where can I read the info
about boot-floppies stuff.

TIA for any furhter help!
--
mfg