Re: New packages for Mac-on-Linux

Hi,

Michel Dänzer writes:

> The modules-source package doesn't work for me.  At first, make
> failed because the Makefile contained two instances of $(SMAKE)
> instead of $(MAKE).  Fixed that

Fixed, together with two more occurences of $(SMAKE).

> make: *** /usr/src/modules/mol/buildtools: No such file or directory.  Stop.

Fixed that one as well.  The Rules.make file insisted on having this,
but I fooled it.

Adam Goode writes:

> it would be very nice if you didn't Recommend kernel-headers.  I
> think a Suggests would be fine, and would make dselect less likely
> to install extra stuff.

Okay.

> Oh, and I think you're forgetting to clean the modules-source after
> processing with kernel-package, because I had to manually do a
> modules_clean after getting a new kernel version.

Apparently this is handled differently by different packages.  The man
page for make-kpkg just states that make-kpkg modules_image creates
the binary package.  device3dfx-source, which I used as a template,
does just that.  So I had a look at alsa-source, where the kdist and
kdist_image targets of debian/rules also clean the modules source.  I
followed that example, and mol-modules-source should now work as you
expect.  While I was at it, I also added a proper kdist target that
generates a changes file.

Jonas Smedegaard didn't write anything but sent me a patch, parts of
which I added.

Anyway, thanks to everybody who replied.  The packages for version
0.9.60-2 are now in incoming.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!