Continued Keyboard probs with new input layer

Hey All,

Ever since I switched over to the new input layer I've had a really
annoying problem with my keyboard modifier keys. If I hold a modifier
key down for more than 5 secs without hitting another key, I get a
spurious key-up event, so that even though I'm still holding the key
down, whatever application I'm using doesn't know it. It seems to
affect all modifier keys (alt, control, shift)

This is a real pain with Emacs.

I know that Michel said he too had experienced this, but does anyone
have an idea *why* it's happening, or how to fix it?

jas.