Re: Keyboard horkage on powerbook

"Jeffrey W. Baker" wrote:

> It does seem dangerous to install a new package which might make the
> computer unusable unless further actions are taken.  Perhaps instead of
> asking "are you ready to do this", you should ask "has one of these things
> been done already?",

Not a bad idea, but it could still happen that the user changes the bootloader
configuration and then the machine crashes before he gets the chance to load
the new keymap.

> or, the startup script could detect the kernel configuration and Do The
> Right Thing.

That doesn't work because it can't be checked before fsck runs. Been there,
thought about that.

I think the status quo is about the best we can do. You had very bad luck. If
you have suggestions for further improvements, feel free to report bugs. But
you'll have to hurry for the woody release...