Re: Keyboard horkage on powerbook

On Mon, 13 Aug 2001, Michel [iso-8859-1] Dänzer wrote:

> "Jeffrey W. Baker" wrote:
>
> > I tried to rebuild me kernel to follow the instructions, but the machine
> > checked in the middle.
>
> So why didn't you say so in your initial complaint? It really sounded as if
> you had intentionally or at least knowingly ignored the warning. Which has
> been changed in the meantime to stress the kernel argument more BTW.

Well, I really didn't think I was going to get flamed just for asking
someone to echo the kernel arguments back to me.

It does seem dangerous to install a new package which might make the
computer unusable unless further actions are taken.  Perhaps instead of
asking "are you ready to do this", you should ask "has one of these things
been done already?", or, the startup script could detect the kernel
configuration and Do The Right Thing.

-jwb