Choosing which kernel tree to use

I've never been quite clear on what kernel I should use.  There seem to be
kernels on mvista.com, which I gues are considered the "official" powerpc
kernel.  Then there are the benh kernels which I used to use but don't
anymore because I no longer know where the definitive source can be found.

What kernel is recommended for use on the tibook?  I've currently got
2.4.7 from mvista, and the kerboard is hosed and the hardware clock
doesn't work.

-jwb