Re: Trashed audio out on Tumbler (iBook audio device) when samples are little endian - fixing it now

Byte swapping audio in the kernel? From what I've heard, this is a no-no.
I'm pretty sure Linus and Alan Cox both agree that this is purely a
userspace task, and any attempt to move this into the kernel will be
met with great resistence.

You may have better luck making sure that the driver correctly reports
that it cannot accept little-endian data, and then making sure that
your userspace programs (like xmms) properly check the driver's
capabilities and do the swapping themselves.

I suggest any patches you provide work along these lines.

Adam