Re: anyone using evolution?

Phil Fraering wrote:

I was wondering if anyone out there is using evolution on
debian-powerpc, and if so, what version they were using?

I find that the 0.11.0-1 version, compiled from source,
is very buggy, and a) won't reuse your old evolution/
directory, and b) will crash if you attempt to import
mail.

Ditto, almost. I got it to import mail, but its components crashed all the time, leaving evolution unable to restart them and with no clear means of debugging them (except maybe strace).

So I gave up early. Maybe if I try it on x86 and it's decent, I'll give it more of a shot on PPC.

Zeen,
--

-Adam P.

Welcome to the best software in the world today cafe! <http://lyre.mit.edu/%7Epowell/The_Best_Stuff_In_The_World_Today_Cafe.ogg>