Re: yaboot/openfirmware question

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 10:55:37PM +0100, Johan Nystrom wrote:
> When I installed macosx it moved my bootstrap partition, the one with yaboot on
> it, from number 2 to number 13 or something (and it has to be number 2). It
> sounds like it may have done something similar in your case, maybe you should
> check it under debian with mac-fdisk, move the partition and then re-run ybin.
> Just a suggestion... :)

people said the beta did that, i tested it and found that simply was
not true.

OSX deletes the partition you give it and recreates its partitions in
that space, the same way as we do with placeholders.

you simply must create the OSX partition LAST on the disk, just like
MacOS partitions.

i have not heard any evidence that the final version changes this
(other then it totally erases the disk and all partitions if you do
any sort of partitioning, just like MacOS)/

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/