file/printer sharing

I have a linux pc box and need to get at a printer on a Mac server.  From
what I've read i need to compile appletalk into the kernel and install the
netatalk package.

My questions:
1.  Does anyone have any links to documentation on how I can nab apple shares
(like printers and files) over a mac network using a pc box?
2.  Same goes for sharing files/printers from the linux pc box to other apple
shares.
3.  I haven't seen to much mentioning a QMS 2060 printer.  Will I need to
have a linux pc driver or is it possible to send it as straight postscript to
the Mac's printer?

I have to admit I'm a bit clueless when it comes to the Mac (I'm learning
quick;-).  If the man pages are good enough then I'll stick to those but I
was curious what kind of resources are out there before I take the plunge.

TIA,
Jesse