Re: BenH TiBook kernels @ debian.jones.dk

>This doesn't work currently:
> - AirPort and gmac wakeup (doesn't crash at sleep, but need to poke
>around at wakeup to reinit network)

This should work properly with my recent trees. It works at least
on my Pismo which has a very similar chipset to the TiPbook

> - Sleep from the console

That should be fixed too

> - FireWire (IEEE 1394)

My current tree contains partially working firewire. I can mount
SBP2 hard disks and use them without trouble using an LSI-logic
based disk. Some users reported either working or non-working
disks depending, apparently, on the chipset they are based on.

CD burning over firewire tends to lockup the kernel. This is still
beeing investigated.

> - IrDA

That one probably need some work to power up properly the IR LED on
those recent machines (we only have code for older boxes).

> - PC-card (what once was called PCMCIA and noone realized the namechange)

PC-Card works. The name change is old, PCMCIA is really a deprecated
name since years ;)

> - CD sound output

That is not supported in HW for any new machine. The analog output of
the CD drive is not connected to any sound input on the motherboard, you
have to extract the audio datas from the CD using something like cdparanoia
or whatever xmms plugin works, and send that to the sound driver.

>This last thing (CD playback) was the reason I stumbled across the latest
>thread: Some months ago there was discussion about this: There's no analog
>output on the TiBook internal cdrom, and some guy described a workaround
>involving ide-scsi. If anyone have solved the issue of playing CD's on the
>TiBook please speak up (and Cc me), then I'll add that to the stuff at
>debian.jones.dk...

I don't think ide-scsi is needed, my understanding is that the normal IDE
CD driver supports all the necessary calls for that.