BenH TiBook kernels @ debian.jones.dk

Hi all,

I just discovered that there's currently a thread at debian-powerpc about
making sleep work on the TiBook, and that some of you are using the BenH
kernels from my site.

To gain most from debian.jones.dk, you should not only use the .debs, but
also have a look at http://debian.jones.dk/debian/local/auryn/etc/ for
files that has been changed or added compared to the default debian
installation.

Great to see that they are of some use, but sad that
they don't work as they do for me:

This works:
 - ALSA sound
 - OSS/Lite sound
 - Internal Gmac ethernet
 - AirPort

This doesn't work currently:
 - AirPort and gmac wakeup (doesn't crash at sleep, but need to poke
around at wakeup to reinit network)
 - Sleep from the console
 - FireWire (IEEE 1394)
 - IrDA
 - PC-card (what once was called PCMCIA and noone realized the namechange)
 - CD sound output

This last thing (CD playback) was the reason I stumbled across the latest
thread: Some months ago there was discussion about this: There's no analog
output on the TiBook internal cdrom, and some guy described a workaround
involving ide-scsi. If anyone have solved the issue of playing CD's on the
TiBook please speak up (and Cc me), then I'll add that to the stuff at
debian.jones.dk...

As is obvious from reading just this latest thread, there's different ways
to solve things, especially when running bleeding edge kernels where
things change on a (sometimes) daily basis (like the new apm simulation).
I try to stay close to both the bleading edge of kernel sources and to the
official Debian packages and policies (putting together unofficial .debs
when tweaks, recompiles or corrections are needed/wanted).

I like the challenge of making as much as possible work on my TiBook, and
also want to pass on to the community whatever I figure out (or collect,
to be correct - I am more a copycat than a programmer ;-)

I am not on the powerpc mailinglist, so please Cc me if you want me
involved in a discussion. Or Cc debian@jones.dk instead - that is a
mailinglist for all of the unofficial Debian stuff that me and some
friends do at debian.jones.dk.

 - Jonas

--
Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> http://dr.jones.dk/~jonas/ +45 40843136