Re: BenH TiBook kernels @ debian.jones.dk

Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> writes:

> This last thing (CD playback) was the reason I stumbled across the latest
> thread: Some months ago there was discussion about this: There's no analog
> output on the TiBook internal cdrom, and some guy described a workaround
> involving ide-scsi. If anyone have solved the issue of playing CD's on the
> TiBook please speak up (and Cc me), then I'll add that to the stuff at
> debian.jones.dk...

I'm not sure if this is what's the problem, but on the PowerBook
Firewire, there is now audio out either.  You can't just "play"
/dev/cdrom.  To make this work, I use Xmms with the CDread plugin,
which rips the audio track out of the CD and streams it to the sound
device (Or something like that.  Not sure of the details, but it
works.).  So you could do that.  Or something similar, like using
CDparanoia and piping the output to the sound device.

Hope that helps.

Marshal