Re: do modules work with 2.4.x kernels?

On Sat, Jul 14, 2001 at 12:31:43PM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:

> The modutils from sid should do the trick.  Are you running potato?
> If so, I'd suggest backporting that package rather than compiling and
> installing your own.  It's very easy to do.  Just get the .dsc, the
> .orig.tar.gz, and the .diff.gz (if there is one), and then do:
>
> dpkg-source -x modutils-xxx.dsc
> cd modutils-xxx && dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -us -uc

modutils is not buildable on potato anymore, it depends on new
dpkg-dev and other such things.  i would suggest building the bunk
versions rather then the sid versions.

deb-src http://people.debian.org/~bunk/debian potato main

there are only i386 binaries, but you can get the source and build
them for powerpc like walters suggests.

> It depends on sysvinit, so you might also have to rebuild that
> package.

nope.

--
Ethan Benson