Re: docs on compiling kernels for miboot?

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 08:31:25PM -0700, Andrew Sharp wrote:
> > woody boot-floppies should make 7200's bootable.
>
> The current crop of potato boot floppies work on 7200s, but the OF
> isn't available without the right cable and a terminal or machine
> running a terminal emulator.  A real pain for me.

you don't need access to OpenFirmware if woody boot-floppies do their
job correctly.  you just `Reboot the System' and debian boots.

> OK you have me drooling now, even though I don't have newworld.
> Yet.  Is anybody working on this??

Ben Collins (silo upstream) is enthusiastic about the idea, he is
probably going to look at its feasability this weekend.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/