Re: X together with dual scan passive matrix PB display

Michel Dänzer wrote:

leif wrote:
Steven Hanley wrote:

But I will try to get install aty128 fb via
dselect (I suppose it is just a matter of looking through those lists...).

Doesn't work for kernel modules...

I'm just guessing so you can tell me if I'm looking in the right direction... ;-) How is it to be done then? Perhaps it is just a matter of opening a configuration program/command? I have a danish book about Linux, but it is redhat linux. There I read about xconfig, but since I don't have X working I must use something else. And after that I must generate a new kernel also? With some make and rmake commands?

Screen card
 Card name:  ATY, 264LT-G
 Card model: ATY,LT-G
 ROM card number: 113-XXXXX-1.0028
 Card revision: 128
 Card dealer ID: 1002

Nope, atyfb if anything. I must confess the fact that it doesn't just work
could be related to your panel, but it's probably just a matter of setting the
correct resolution. I suggest reading up on the related options for atyfb.

I note that you say "if anything"... Atyfb must be installed something like I described above?

What is the best book about debian around...?

--

Leif