unsupported display? (dual scan on PowerBook 2400 & G3)

Hello -- is the 'dual scan passive matrix' displays unsupported sofar in any
PPC distribution? Will woody make any difference for this?

I tried YDL 2.0, which claim to support all WallStreet PowerBoog G3's. But
during install I found that I could only read the what was happening
(regardless of whether I used X-installer or Text installer) if I connected
my PB to an external montior and looked at that monitor instead of the
internal display. But of course, when the installer came to X-install, it
stopped any how so...

This made me look into other distros [and from what I have read, I have
almost been converted to Debian]. Just before writing this mail I tried to
boot into LinuxPPC as well as into Debian. THe result was the same on both:
a splitted unreadable screan. Only the black and white boot start up view,
was readable...

I have found a note on the web about problem with dual scan on THinkPad
750c. See <http://peipa.essex.ac.uk/tp-linux/#X> Perhaps it can give someone
a clue about how to deal with dual scans... Though the problem here seems
not to only be with X as even the text installer creates the same problems.

Of the G3-powerbooks, the 233mhz wallstreet is the onlyone wiht dual scan
display. There is also one version of the 2400 PowerBook which has dual
scan. LinuxPPC claims to support both the 2400's and the G3's. But since
dual scan is relatively seldom on the PCI-macs, I fear that they have been
left out. The rest of the dual scan power books are also few and counts for
pb's which generally aren't considered to work with Linux (like 1400
series).

Does someone have an idea what needs to be done? Can I type something into
the command line in BootX? Or is it undoable? Perhaps I must donate my
precious PB to a developer...? Perhaps I *must* try BSD or OS X? I hope
not...

Sorry for my rather novice questions.

--
 Leif H Silli