Re: dri works now with 4.1.0 and 2.4.4 with patches :)

Steven Hanley wrote:

> anyway glxgears runs at 333 fps or so, however for some reason the
> xscreensaver glx demos are all as slow as anything, and yet they are linked
> with the same GL library as glxgears according to the ldd output.

Note that recent versions of the xscreensaver GL hacks are artificially slowed
down with a 0.1s delay between each frame. You can go full steam with -delay
0. However, with the texture intensive ones you should notice the difference
even with the delay.

> Any idea where to get a hold of some other demos and such of 3d stuff that
> will work with the dri? I am thinking maybe download the mesa tarball or
> something and look in there.
>
> I really really want to get a hold of that teapot demo gareth was showing
> off at linux.conf.au this year, I thought that was neat. However although I
> have seen mention of a teapot demo in the dri users archive I have not seen
> any place to get the source for it.

apt-get install mesademos glut-doc

In a recent post I listed a few packages (mostly games :) which are only
usable with DRI.