Re: gs-stp (was: Re: firewire, printing, and sound on iBook DV 2K)

On Sat, Jun 16, 2001 at 09:38:18AM -0500, thus said Charles Sebold:
> On 24 Sivan 5761, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
>
> > There is a debian package of it; it is called gs-stp. Good luck. I
> > had it setup once, but I dont think it works for me anymore (been
> > updating stuff since) - I mostly print from Gimp and it doesnt need
> > the GS driver so it is not that important for me at the moment. But
> > I remember the printout was just stunning quality.
>
> I couldn't find gs-stp.  Any other ideas as to what it would be
> called?  Or did you mean that somebody other than Debian has the
> Debian package?  Couldn't find it on the sourceforge site.

Oh. It's probably in testing/unstable then. You could try grabbing that
package from there and seeing if it works with debian/stable version (I
assume you have that as the package exists in testing)

Or just get the sources if it depends on too many packages from unstable.
There is a script to build the debian package of the ghostscript driver in
the source tar.gz, with instructions.

Best wishes,

Tuomas

--