Re: RFC: What should be done about kernel-image's bootloader questions

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 04:36:28PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> > I suppose you could make a package of it.
> >
> > You would then also need a working cross binutils and gcc to build it from,
> > i think. i tried some time ago to do such things with the GG stuff, but
> > didn't have time to finish it.
>
> I don't think it's worth the effort. The benefit would be marginal IMHO.

i agree, it would be more useful to teach your existing amiga loader
how to read ext2 filesystems and follow symlinks.  then all you have
to do is configure it to always load /vmlinux and you never have to
mess with it again.  kernel-image rotates the symlinks for you.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/