Re: RFC: What should be done about kernel-image's bootloader questions

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 06:42:24PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:

> APUS has its own, BootX/loadlin-style bootloader which resides on the AmigaOS
> side completely. I already contacted the kernel-package maintainer about this,
> asking him about his thoughts on just prompting the user to undertake the
> necessary steps to boot the new kernel (it currently thinks we use LILO
> *shudder*), but haven't got any response yet.

i don't think he is interested in supporting non-bootloaders that rely
on other OSes to function.  this is however already supported but you
must configure it yourself.

read the kernel-img.conf man page.  (in woody, not potato).

im not sure how it thinks you use lilo... since lilo can't be
installed on a powerpc if its choosing to use lilo it would end up
saying nothing in the postinst, which i think is correct when the
native bootloader is not directly supported.  (unlike with newworld
powermacs where it runs the WRONG bootloader (which is installable)).

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/