Re: RFC: What should be done about kernel-image's bootloader questions

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 03:07:35AM +0200, Michel Daenzer wrote:
> Ethan Benson wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 02:14:51AM +0200, Michel D?nzer wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks for the pointer. AFAICS it's for the user who installs a
> > > kernel-image package though; is there a way to influence this with
> > > kernel-package or in my source package that I'm not seeing?
> >
> > you can install a /etc/kernel-img.conf file to begin with, but if your
> > talking about the kernel-image package itself then no.
> >
> > manoj's answer to these situtations is the user, or the package owning
> > the bootloader should install an appropriate /etc/kernel-img.conf.
>
> As the bootloader lives in AmigaOS entirely it doesn't make sense to create a
> package for it.

I suppose you could make a package of it.

You would then also need a working cross binutils and gcc to build it from, i
think. i tried some time ago to do such things with the GG stuff, but didn't
have time to finish it.

Friendly,

Sven Luther