Re: X on new G4 Dual 533

Michel Dänzer wrote:
> fheitka@attglobal.net wrote:
> > Also, lastly, is there an X server that works with the GForce2 video in my
> > new G4?
>
> 4.x (in testing or unstable) has the nv driver, but I wouldn't expect that to
> work on PPC yet. You'll most likely have to use an fbdev server. Does rivafb
> work?

Hi.  I'm also very new to Linux on a PPC.  Is it expected that these
newer PPCs with nvidia cards will actually have accelerated graphics
support via X at some point in the future?  For instance, will nvidia be
release PPC-based Linux drivers?  Something like this would solidify my
purchase of a new G4.

Pete