[mfl: Re: Perl 5.6 ...]

Sorry, forgotten to post to list ...

----- Forwarded message from Michael Flaig <mfl> -----

Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 18:59:51 +0200
From: Michael Flaig <mfl>
To: "David J. Roundy" <droundy@civet.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Re: Perl 5.6 ...

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 07:32:54AM -0700, David J. Roundy wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 05:58:33AM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> >
> > huh?  Michael's message is a dpkg dependency error, rm -rfing random
> > directories will change nothing in that regard (unless its
> > /var/lib/dpkg).
>
> It was a dependency error, which I believe arises because dpkg fails on
> perl-base, because /usr/share/doc/perl is owned by two packages at once,
> and dpkg refuses to overwrite it (or something like that), which makes
> perl-base fail to install.

Yes, you are right it was a dependency error. perl-base doesn´t install
and then the dependency is broken. I´ve forgotten to post the other error, too.
sorry!

will try it with deleting the directory ...

thanks for now ...

Michael

--
Michael Flaig ... PROLinux (www.pro-linux.de)
News, free web support and discussion forum

MobilePhone: +49 179 2200049

----- End forwarded message -----