rsync not working in unstable, possibly resolver issues?

I can't seem to rsync the benh kernel from penguinppc since I "upgraded"
to the unstable dist.  No matter what I do, I get an unknown host.
When I use dig, host, or nslookup, I see the host.  I can also rsync the
benh tree from my PCs running slackware.

Is anyone else having this problem?  My current workaround is to rsync
from a slackware box and scp the tarball over.

BTW I'd love to search the archives for this stuff but the archive search
on lists.debian.org has been broken for th elast two days.

Regards,
Jeffrey