Re: MacOS floppy creation

Ethan Benson <erbenson@alaska.net> writes:

> On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 01:40:21AM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> >
> > So this particular issue is unchanged in d-i vs b-f.  And, again, it's
> > a debian-cd issue if I'm not mistaken.
>
> no its a bootloader issue, quik doesn't work on CDs, and miboot (whats
> used on floppies now) on a CD requires non-free, non-distributable,
> proprietary Apple CDROM drivers to be burned on the CD.  not
> acceptable for debian.  until someone either writes a new bootloader
> that works on CDs without non-free software/drivers, or writes a free
> MacOS CDROM driver to put on the CDs oldworlds will be condemned to
> use floppies to boot forever.

This doesn't change my point, which is that any hacking on this (such
as AppleScripts to make it quick-n-easy to make a floppy from the
floppy image on the CD, or wahtever you guys were doing) would be done
in the context of debian-cd, rather than boot-floppies, if I'm not
mistaken.

--
.....Adam Di Carlo....adam@onshore.com.....<URL:http://www.onshored.com/>