iBook2 install

'lo all.  I just got my hands on a new iBook for a bit, and thought I would
post my notes on how instaling Potato went.  It was rather easy (throw yaboot,
yaboot.conf, 'linux' and ramdisk.image.gz onto the root of the HD and then
boot hd:,yaboot from OF).  One thing I did notice is the default kernel
will _not_ give a console unless you pass video=ofonly (video=keep didn't
do it).  I've put up a patch at http://penguinppc.org/~trini/ibook2-2.2.patch
which is vs kernel-source-2.2.19+ppc patch which is the same logic benh
currently has in his 2.4 tree.  It also should make tibooks happier, but I
haven't tested this.  Once I got video working happily, X went up and
works rather well, although 'delete' doesn't work unless you hold down control
as well.  Anyhow, it'd be very good if the next round of boot floppies,
if they're 2.2-based, have the above patch in them.

--
Tom Rini (TR1265)
http://gate.crashing.org/~trini/