Re: which mouse protocol?

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 09:24:44PM -0700, hansen wrote:

> I have a beige, old-world G3 mini-tower. Uses ADB mouse, keyboard
>
> Testing. 2.2.19presomethin . X 4.0.2 or .3, not sure anymore.
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
>         Driver          "keyboard"
>         Option          "CoreKeyboard"
>         Option          "XkbKeymap"     "macintosh"
> EndSection
>
> Section "InputDevice"
>         Identifier      "Generic Mac ADB Mouse"
>         Driver          "mouse"
>         Option          "CorePointer"
>         Option          "Device"                "/dev/adbmouse"
>         Option          "Protocol"              "BusMouse"
>         Option          "Buttons"              "1"
> EndSection
>
> or is this actually correct?

Here is what I have in my XF86Config-4 (an adb mouse on a 7300):

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Protocol"              "IMPS/2"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/mouse"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

/dev/mouse is a symlink to /dev/input/mice.

This should be correct if you're using the new input layer (probably the
case).  I have no idea how the emulate 3 buttons works.  I see I have it
enabled, but I actually have a 4 button turbomouse, so there's no need to
emulate them.

In case you're wondering, it's IMPS/2 because the new input layer emulates
that protocol.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/