Re: Ok with the italian keyboard under console! Now X!!

Leandro Noferini wrote:

I  resolved my  troubles  with  italian keyboard  of  the iBook  under
X.... changing everything under console!
:-)))

echo 1 > /proc/sys/dev/mac_hid/keyboard_sends_linux_keycodes

was the solution!
I needed to change the map for  the console but now it goes also under
X.... but some  keys are wrong, so  I need to make an  italian map for
X. Where do I have to begin?

Before hacking on your own map, I suggest trying the existing italian Xkb map. Something like this in the Keyboard Input Section:

  Option 	"XkbLayout"  	"it"
  Option 	"XkbModel"  	"pc104"

Take precautions to recover in case the map is completely fscked up then though. ;)