which mouse protocol?

Does anyone mind if I ask a silly question?

      [ well , you already asked one. ]

At the wonderful Linux Doc Project we read:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Busmouse-HOWTO-2.html#ss2.2
>  Apple Desktop Mouse
>  This bus mouse is common on Macintoshes and uses a 4 pin connector.
>  The hardware is controled by the kernel but application software will
>  need to be aware of its unique mouse protocol. I am currently
>  unaware of what protocols this mouse uses.

I , too , am unaware of the right answer. Could someone tell us both
what to put in the Protocol line of /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 ?

I have a beige, old-world G3 mini-tower. Uses ADB mouse, keyboard

Testing. 2.2.19presomethin . X 4.0.2 or .3, not sure anymore.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbKeymap"     "macintosh"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Mac ADB Mouse"
        Driver          "mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/adbmouse"
        Option          "Protocol"              "BusMouse"
        Option          "Buttons"              "1"
EndSection

or is this actually correct?

X works, but now, after recent wad of upgrades, mouse is sticky.
Every few seconds it just freezes for a random time.

Also, what is the keyboard command to give me middle and right
mouse buttons? I know what it was for MkLinux, but I just don't see
it in any Debian docs.

--
      *** Dr P's Book Knowledge, Hell's Bibliophiles, and ****
      *  somewhere over the rainbow, a 99% text-only website *