Re: What kernel are we going to use for apus in debian/woody ?

Sven LUTHER wrote:

> > > In particular, Michel, you toke the 2.2.10 kernel package from me. Did
> > > you also do a 2.4.x version of it ?
> >
> > Not yet, but I'm planning to do it as soon as I get enough time. BTW I
> > assume I can upload packages for new kernel versions without ITP or
> > anything?
>
> No you don't need to, just upload them.
>
> Also i think the boot floppies will be freezed soon, i think in june or july
> or so, don't remember well just now.
>
> Please tell Giorgio also when you did upload them, so he can test the boot
> floppies with them.

I'm uploading kernel-image-2.4.4-apus and kernel-patch-2.4.4-apus (to build
yorself with kernel-package) packages. I've had to hack around a few minor
bugs in the kernel-package APUS support and the image package thinks APUS uses
LILO, I hope that will be rectified soon. For now just say no to all LILO
related questions.

The good news is that the image is even smaller than I thought, I didn't think
of the fact that it's stripped before gzipping. Maybe we can put it on a
single floppy with boothack after all?

As always looking forward to comments and suggestions,