Re: devfs support in ofpath: criteria for patches

That's correct.

Scsibus0, id0, lun0 (if disk) == /dev/sda
Scsibus0, id0, lun1 (if disk) == /dev/sd[a+1]
.
.
Scsibus0, id1, lun0 (if disk) == /dev/sdN
.
.
scsibus1, id0, lun0 (if disk) == /dev/sdN+1

and so on.  If your external drive is on the same bus as your
internal drive, and you set the id on the external to 0 and the id
on the internal to 3, then guess what?  Your external will be
/dev/sda and your internal will be /dev/sdb.  That's the way it
works.  You are in complete control of how the assignments are
made.  If you're using a scsi setup where the id's are assigned
automatically by position on the bus (so called SCA connectors on
the drive(s)), then you can just move the drives around 'till
they're in the order you want.