debian-powerpc: booting a PowerBook Titanium G4

I've just bought a Titanium and am trying to get Debian going. I've got a PowerBook G3 and want to copy my root partition accross to the new machine via the network. I also have to partition and install yaboot. What is the easiest way to do this ? Will the PowerPC CD image boot the Titanium ??? To install on the G3 I had to copy kernels and other files to a small (1GB) MacOS partition and boot the system via OpenFirmware. I'm trying this now but it was a year ago when I last did this and things aren't quite working. Is NFS an option ???

To partition I need to use mac-fdisk which means I have to boot linux. I have a 2.4.2 kernel and the ramdisk.image.gz file from 2.2r3 in the root directory of my MacOS partition. Is this all I need ? I tried typing "boot hd:10,vmlinux-2.4.2-bjs" and OF responded with "CLAIM failed". Does this mean it could not claim the memory ??? I've tried with root=/dev/ram and initrd=ramdisk.image.gz but the same error occurs. It seems the kernel isn't loading at all.

Any ideas ???
Is there an easier way ???
Any howtos for Titanium ???

Thanks,