Re: Woody Impressions

On Mon, 21 May 2001, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> And it doesn't help that it starts by default in Mail/News, so those
> components are loaded at startup even if you just want to use the
> browser...

What? This has never been true for me. I've used every Mozilla version
from M12 to 0.9 including nightly builds; on MacOS and Linux; from
mozilla.org tarballs, official Debian packages, and unofficial debs.
I have never opened the Mail/News portion of the client, or had it open
automatically. Check your Mozilla configuration.

It's actually possible to install ONLY the browser component -- this is
supported by the installers on other platforms, and gecko (the Debian
maintainer) says he will separate the components into different packages
once Mozilla makes it back into main.