Re: basic installation on 7200/75 gone really bad

On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 01:58:48PM +0200, morten wrote:

> I did a
>         chroot /target /sbin/quik -fv
> and it told me that it installed on /dev/sda2
>         making /dev/sda2 bootable (map entry 2)
> which is my /root partition
> Is this correct?

yes

> does this mean I should use /bandit/gc/53c94/sd@0:2?

no, 7200 OF cannot load any partition except 0 which really means
`load the partition marked bootable' which quik does.  so you want to
use:

/bandit/gc/53c94/sd@0:0

anything other then 0 will fail on a 7200.

> I don't have a /sbin/quik, only /target/sbin/quik, so with the quik -fv that
> worked I'm pretty sure chroot works. Also, if I do /target/sbin/quik, it
> complain that it can't find /boot/second.b

yes, chroot changes /target into / as far as your shell and everything
it runs is concerned.  chroot /target /sbin/quik -f should have run
quik normally, but if all you saw was something like `command is
/sbin/quik' then i would say busybox screwed up.

now that you definitly have quik installed it should boot now.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/