Re: basic installation on 7200/75 gone really bad

On 20-May-2001 Ethan Benson wrote:
> On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 05:03:40PM +0200, morten wrote:
>> > ofpath /dev/sda
>> which gave me
>>         /bandit/gc/53c94/sd@0:0
>
> ok
>
>> > then run:
>> > chroot /target /sbin/quik -f
>> It said
>>         command /sbin/quik
>> which I interpreted as a succes

I did a
        chroot /target /sbin/quik -fv
and it told me that it installed on /dev/sda2
        making /dev/sda2 bootable (map entry 2)
which is my /root partition
Is this correct?
does this mean I should use /bandit/gc/53c94/sd@0:2?

> no just boot it with command option p r down, that will reset the
> nvram and let you boot the rescue floppy again.
this piece of info saved my day - thanks

> this time chroot
> /target /bin/sh  verify your chrooted to /target (cd / ; ls -l both
> before and after, you will see different listings if it worked.  then
> run /sbin/quik -f -v)
I don't have a /sbin/quik, only /target/sbin/quik, so with the quik -fv that
worked I'm pretty sure chroot works. Also, if I do /target/sbin/quik, it
complain that it can't find /boot/second.b

--
E-Mail: morten <mobo@mailme.dk>
Date: 21-May-2001
Time: 13:44:11

Currently working hard for the LAI at INSA-lyon