Little-endian sound broken on TiBook/dmasound_pmac?

Moi!

Is 16bit little-endian sound working for anyone using dmasound_pmac? I've
tried with various pristine 2.4 kernels as well as benh's latest 2.4.4 an my
TiBook. (Awacs/Screamer Codec Mfct: 1 Rev 3 it reports.) Big-endian sound
output works fine. Little-endian sound on the other hand produces only
garbage, and I very much suspect it's the wrong endianness. /dev/sndstat
tells me that the soft format is correctly set to little-endian, hard format
is big-endian though, so I suspect the hw byte swap isn't working correctly.
I'd really like to know whether this problem is specific to TiBooks, or if
there's a general bug in the dmasound_pmac driver. You can try to reproduce
this behaviour by using bplay to play a simple wav file. Don't use something
more fancy like esdplay which sends data in native endianness. (And don't
use play from the sox package. It sets the soft format to litte-endian but
sends big-endian data. Nice for the TiBook of course, since the two bugs
cancel out themselves. ;-)

Regards,

Daniel.