Re: how to upgrade modutils

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 12:18:41PM -0700, Matt Brubeck wrote:
> On Sat, 19 May 2001, Andrew Sharp wrote:
>
> > # apt-get upgrade modutils/unstable
> >
> > but that ends up doing nothing.
>
> I believe this should be "apt-get install modutils/unstable"
> but I am away from my Debian box at the moment and can't be sure.

 Yup, that's it.  You have to list an unstable package repository in your
sources.list before that will do anything, though.  When you do that, you'll
want to put APT::Default-Release "testing"; in apt.conf, unless you want to
upgrade everything to unstable.  If a package has deps that can only be
satisfied by upgrading some other packages to unstable, you can use
apt-get -t unstable  install foobar

 The main reason I run testing instead of unstable is so that I don't have
to spend my time dealing with broken pre/post inst scripts, so I don't mind
running a few packages from unstable, even if they are important ones, like
libc :)  Ben's probably pretty careful not to break everybody's system with
a bad libc upgrade, but I could probably hack my way out of any problems if
they were to occur :)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y