Re: how to upgrade modutils

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 12:18:41PM -0700, Matt Brubeck wrote:
> On Sat, 19 May 2001, Andrew Sharp wrote:
>
> > # apt-get upgrade modutils/unstable
> >
> > but that ends up doing nothing.
>
> I believe this should be "apt-get install modutils/unstable"
> but I am away from my Debian box at the moment and can't be sure.

yes think so

> I also believe that this sort of "pinning" operation requires apt 0.5 or
> greater, so it may not work on a standard potato system. You can always
> download the modutils deb by hand, and install it with dpkg -i.

pinning will not work on potato's apt.  and niether will simply
downloading modutils and installing it on potato.  it like pretty much
everything in unstable/testing depends on libc 2.2.  you must download
the source package and build it for potato.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/