basic installation on 7200/75

hi
I'm trying to install debain on a 7200/75. I ve just downloaded the disks and
im doing a network installation of potato.
I can only say that I have run into some trouble which I am fairly certain is
easily fixed, otherwise everybody would spend hours and hours not suceedin in
installing debian.

I'm doing a network installation and I don't get any error at all, starting
with a boot and a root-disk, clicking ok through, most of the install menues
and clicking reboot at the end....

The reboot doesn't start. I get a disk-icon with a ? inside. I concluded that
it must have been a partition thing, and I might be right. During installation,
I choose 'make hdd bootable'. This is what I want, but it doesn' install the
bootloader !?
It might be giving me an error but it appears brefly before the menu window
covers it. There are no indication of error on ctrl+alt+f3 and f4.

Ive changed the quik.conf to include image=/boot/vmlinux-2.2.19, so I was sure
it wasn't the symlink, I it didn't help.
My guess is that I have a problem with the partitions: I have 3, a map, a root
and a swap. And since the installation program find both swap and root, I am
not sure what to do next.

Is there anyone who has a "this is the installation procedure for the 722/xx"?
morten

http://www.MailMe.dk er sponsoreret af http://www.DanBBS.dk