Re: mac migration - parted question

On Sat, May 19, 2001 at 01:47:34AM +0200, Claus wrote:

> I've had it in an external pcmcia enclosure (msdos table and one
> fat32 (type 0B) partition), and the pismo freezed (don't know whether it
> had PC Exchange installed). The partitiontable was completly down
> and out afterwards..

MacOS crashing and corrupting the disk...  why i am shocked ;-) </sarcasm>

> but MacOS CDs will install the drivers if I start the PB with the
> MacOS CD and a blank HDD (full of 0s)?
> remember the HDD is for a non-pci 5300, no debian at all..

you don't have to boot from a CD, just use the drive setup utility,
its in the utilities directory at the root of the macos disk.  it will
setup macos only partition layout, but since it doesn't sound like
your installing debian that doesn't matter in this case.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/